Friday, June 4, 2010

Our Daily Bread...








I have always wanted to bake weekly bread. Though, with working and now being a parent I didn't really have any time (or energy) for the endeavor. Now that I am at home more I decided, this week, to give it a good ol' college try. I used a basic whole wheat bread recipe from The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book. I like this book because it really explains how to bake with whole grains and has simple recipes. Well, I think it turned out all right! The loaves rose and proofed just like described in the book and after baked they don't taste like bricks. Next week I think I will try my hand at making whole wheat oatmeal bread. We'll see how that turns out. I tried to take some pictures of the process but I only managed to take pictures of the very beginning, I think I got too distracted later on to take pictures. (Sorry, no pictures of the final product!)

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Shannon! I hope your bread is delicious! I recently read that homemade bread costs about seventy-five cents a loaf... what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! You should check out "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" - may save more time while still baking bread!

    ReplyDelete