Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Time...

It's beginning to feel like Christmas time now that we have copious amounts of snow on the ground! Nothing like 18 inches of snow to get you in a festive mood. Last weekend we went with Jon and Mary to cut down our Christmas tree and Eli tagged along for the ride. I was quite excited to take him to get a tree even if he won't remember it later on in life. We went to a tree farm that is owned by one of my coworkers. We went there last year and had a blast, we had the top pick of any tree and were able to enjoy some hot cider with "papa and mama juice" in it (bourbon,mmmmm). So we decided to visit the same farm again and found our tree pretty quickly.

I'm not sure Eli cared, seeing as he was sleeping in the carrier the whole time! But we did make sure to snap some pictures, enjoy!



And, if you've been paying attention to the news or live in the midwest; you'll know that we just had our first big snowstorm of the year. In Madison, we got around 18 inches of snow and it is bitterly cold right now! It's weird how your perspective changes when you have a child. Yesterday morning, all I wanted to do was show Eli the snow and play with him in the it. Too bad he's only 2 months old and doesn't really understand what's going on around him. Next year I'll be even more excited to go sledding and build snowpeople with him because he'll actually remember it! I felt like a little kid again yesterday. Joel had a snow day because the buses weren't running, we had a snowball fight with 3 of the neighborhood kids, Joel helped people dig out and we went snowshoeing last night at the Edna Taylor Conservancy by our house. We even have a snowman in the yard thanks to our neighbors! There is nothing better than the first snow storm of the year, I hope I remember that in March when I'm fed up with the weather!
We even got enough snow that I had to snowshoe a path to the compost bin and we've lost a few of our lilac bushes. Oh how exciting it is that Eli was born in the midwest!

2 comments:

  1. I bet your tree is gorgeous! You two are so cute. Oh I mean you three. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of snow. I wish I was there to give you a facewash Joel.

    ReplyDelete