Monday, November 2, 2009

Like Father, Like Son...

Well, so far I have managed to keep my hands clean while changing Eli's diapers (see previous post). No major poop blowouts on my hand! Eli and I are getting used to each other a little bit more each day and are starting to fall into some routines. It's funny to see ourselves in him and I am sure that we will only see more of our selves each and every day. One thing that I've found about Eli is that he likes to nap on his stomach (don't worry, he's checked on often and he doesn't sleep on his stomach at night) just like his papa. Joel has a tendency to sleep on his stomach for a good portion of the night and will be on his stomach if he has trouble falling asleep. It's no wonder that Eli seems to like this sleep position as well and I just get the biggest kick out of it! Also, when Joel is sleeping really soundly, his mouth tends to hang open a little bit and Eli is taking after his father in this respect. It so cute to see Eli in a deep sleep and recognize Joel in him. So I couldn't resist taking some pictures one afternoon while Eli was napping; my little man.

Momentary wakening

Just Like Joel

Another thing that we get a kick out of is when Eli is finished eating because it's like he is a drunk on all that good breastmilk. He usually pops off and immediately his arms flop to the side, head rolls back and he makes a nice sigh (usually with a little milk dribble as well). The calmness that comes after his feeding is wonderful, he is satisfied and looks around briefly to take in his small world. When it gets time to switch sides he tends to stretch sleepily and settle in for what is to be the end of a really good meal. As much work as breastfeeding takes, I wouldn't give it up for the world. The opportunity to settle in with Eli and bond with him is great, sometimes it's even great at 3 am! (Though not always as I'm pretty tired!), We've tried to capture his delight on camera and this is the best we could do at the time.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! He is losing his infant-new born looks and gaining his 'baby' looks. Sooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete