Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Late Night Surprise...

This is going to be a short post as I am trying to eat lunch and then head for a nap while Eli is sleeping but I just HAD to post this story. So last night was a little rough in the Anderson household, Eli was bound and determined to not sleep on his own after the hour of 3 am. Oh he would sleep, as long as he was laying on top of either myself or Joel, needless to say that doesn't really allow me some good quality sleep (basically I got about 3 hours or so, interrupted. Sweet.) But there always is some sort of silver lining and I am starting to learn that you can find humor in all situations, even in the middle of the night.

So last night, I was changing Eli (which he hates most the time which leads to screaming at 2:30 am) and he was starting to settle down and look like he was going to sneeze. You know the face, eyes crinkled up and brow furrowed. Well normally I don't pay too much attention to sneezes so didn't think anything of it as he got ready to let it loose. Along came the sneeze and the next thing I know my hand is covered. It was warm, wet and yellow. Yes folks, it was poop. Fortunately most of the poop was caught on my hand though some did make it across the room and hit the doors on the closet and landed on his diaper pail.

For an instant I had no idea what to do, then I threw a diaper on him right quick in case we had any other explosions. Needless to say, the only thing I could do was laugh. I mean, what else are you supposed to do at 2:30 in the morning with a hand covered in poop. After laughing, the clean up began and now I am even more cautious when I see a sneeze coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment